Wild Rice Pilaf
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 Cup Lundberg Wild Blend Rice
- 1 ½ cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 small onion, minced
- ½ cup Mushrooms, chopped
- 1-2 TBS Mountain Valley Seasonings Italian Herb Blend
- Melt the butter in a skillet or sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add rice to butter. Stir and cook about 1 minute. Add onion (and mushroom if using) and continue to cook until onions are translucent and rice is starting to brown.
- Add Chicken stock and herbs. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes, checking occasionally. If liquid is absorbed before rice is tender, add a little water and continue to simmer until rice is tender.
You can make this a one pot meal by adding a protein, such as shredded chicken or pork.
Nutritional Info per Serving; Calories 62g; Total Fat 2.4g; Sat. Fat 1.3g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 33mg; Total Carb. 9.2g; Fiber 2.1g; Total Sugars 0.9g; Protein 1.9g.