- 1 ½ lb Skirt Steak or Chicken
- 2 Bell Peppers (any color), sliced
- 1 Medium Onion or 10-15 scallions
- 1 TBS Mountain Valley Seasonings Fajita Marinade
- ¼ Cup Avocado Oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS Lime Juice
- Romaine Lettuce for wrapping
- ½ Cup shredded Cheese
- Salsa (Mountain Valley Seasonings Salsa Mix and 1-15 oz can diced tomatoes)
- Fresh Cilantro and Lime wedges (optional)
- Mix the marinade. In a large bowl or glass baking dish, mix 1 TBS fajita marinade mix with ½ cup oil and 1 TBS lime juice. If using fresh limes, grate the peel and add 1 tbs lime zest to marinade.
- Slice Skirt steak very thinly across grain. (If steak is almost, but not quite frozen this is much easier). Place in marinade and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While steak is marinating, slice vegetables (using a different cutting board that you used for steak. If you only have one board, cut veggies before you cut steak).
- Heat skillet with 1 TBS oil. Place steak strips in hot skillet and sear until cooked through (about 2 minutes). Remove from skillet.
- Sauté veggies until in the same skillet until onions start to soften and caramelize. You may add a dash of the fajita seasoning to veggies as they cook, if desired.
- Serve steak and veggies in romaine lettuce wraps. Top with 1 TBS cheese, sliced avocados and a TBS of salsa.