Bell Pepper Tacos
- 4 large bell peppers
- 2 lbs ground beef
- ¼ cup Mountain Valley Seasonings Taco Seasoning
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
Toppings and Garnish
- ¾ cup chopped lettuce
- ¾ cup fresh tomatoes
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 Fresh chopped avocado
- Lime Wedges
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain off any fat, then add taco seasoning and 1 cup water. Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Slice each bell pepper in half. Hollow out each pepper, removing stem, seeds and ribs.
- Lay peppers on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes (15 minutes for softer peppers).
- Fill each pepper to the brim with taco meat and tomatoes. Top with cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, then pile high with taco toppings!
You can use chicken, pork or vegetarian options (i.e. black beans, etc.) for taco protein. You can also add Spanish rice by mixing with taco meat before filling bell pepper, but this will significantly increase your calories and carbs.
Serving size ½ Bell Pepper
Nutritional Information per Serving (not including toppings): Calories 613; Total Fat 23.3g; Sta. Fat 10.1g; Cholesterol 225mg; Sodium 1,248mg; Total Carb. 22.6; Fiber 5.5g; Total Sugars 7.9g; Protein 80.7g.